Saturday, July 28, 2007

Gong gong's funeral


It has been a sad few days. My gong gong (Mummy's father, actually my wai gong, but I've only got one Chinese grandfather, and gong-gong's easier to say) died on Thursday morning. I liked to visit him in the evenings, when he was taking care of his garden. He always picked me up and took me on a tour of the garden! Gong gong liked to throw parties too, we've been to several in the short time we've been living next door. Here's a picture of gong gong from his 70th birthday party, last month.


Gong gong's coffin has been in his living room for a couple of days. All his relatives, friends and colleagues have come to say goodbye.


Gong gong was an active member of a local church, so there were services outside at night.

And people came from all over to see him, and stay a while in his garden.


A lot of people wore white, to show they were in mourning.


He was buried today, at the Nilai Memorial Park.

No comments: